• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner! 2010

Jmahl

SV Costco Prime Ribeye (125F to temp, then torched), with steamed asparagus and a blender Bernaise (wanted to make a traditional one but realized the metal "double boiler" bowl I use is still AWOL after being used for egg nog at a party). My wife and I have a reverse Jack Spratt situation, so I carved out and trimmed the heart of the ribeye for her and left the deckle and trimmings for me.

Ribeye.jpg

Pasta with pesto...my three year old and four year old's favorite meal. In the words of my daughter, "it's cheesariffic!" Unlike my photography skills...

pasta with pesto.jpg

If you ate pasta and antipasto, would you still be hungry? ~Author Unknown

More Larousse. My last couple of efforts for 2010.

chickenwings.jpg

The marinade comes from Larousse. Awesome, awesome, awesome wings.

http://cookingthroughlarousse.blogspot.com/2010/12/happiness-is-bowl-of-greasy-salty.html

finishedpizza.jpg

Pizza. The base was good. The topping not so much.

http://cookingthroughlarousse.blogspot.com/2010/12/to-sting-or-to-season.html

Chris Taylor

Host, eG Forums - ctaylor@egstaff.org

I've never met an animal I didn't enjoy with salt and pepper.

Melbourne
Harare, Victoria Falls and some places in between

More Larousse. My last couple of efforts for 2010.

chickenwings.jpg

The marinade comes from Larousse. Awesome, awesome, awesome wings.

That looks delicious ChrisTylor. BTW, I'm enjoying your blog very much and hope you continue your efforts next year.

This is my skillet. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My skillet is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it, as I must master my life. Without me my skillet is useless. Without my skillet, I am useless. I must season my skillet well. I will. Before God I swear this creed. My skillet and myself are the makers of my meal. We are the masters of our kitchen. So be it, until there are no ingredients, but dinner. Amen.

Last night was a celebration of Pacific Northwest seafood.

Fresh Puget Sound Oysters with Lemon-

019.JPG

Seared Sea Scallops with Smoked Salish Alder Salt,

Lemon and Olive Oil-

025.JPG

Dungeness Crab Au Gratin on Toast-

038.JPG

• 1 year later...