• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner! 2007

rarerollingobject

Salmon, tarragon walnut vinaigrette.

gallery_54082_4688_2564.jpg

gallery_54082_4688_8677.jpg

gallery_54082_4688_11491.jpg

Very nice dish! Give me some details on all the vegetables and the specs on how you prepared everything. Thanks.

Everyone's meals look delicious as always!

Prawn, you know I always love looking at that dish.

Mona, your meatballs look fabulous and make me want Italian tonight!

Kelly, tell us what is on the second plate --the one with the shrimp cocktail.

Salmon topped with potato gratin, drizzled with truffle oil. Side of edamame

gallery_21049_162_26672.jpg

Sweedish meatballs with potatoes, cream sauce and lingonberry preserves - wanted to recreate the original meatball dish I had in Stockholm. Got the meatballs, sauce packet and lingonberry preserves at IKEA. Good, though the sauce was not as hearty as the original.

gallery_21049_162_30807.jpg

Edited by percyn (log)

Teal season opened here a few days ago. Hubby came back with a few.

Here's the uncooked breasts

gallery_54689_4781_980676.jpg

Breasts plated with peppers from our garden

gallery_54689_4781_475496.jpg

I don't know what I was attempting.....but it turned out good lol! I made a dough and drizzled it with olive oil, diced pimentos, rosemary, salt, pepper and paprika. It turned out pretty good. Kinda rustic!

gallery_54689_4781_556581.jpg

No pictures of final Teal dish Shelby!? I don't think i've ever seen it sold or on a menu here in the UK. I'm intrigued, what is the taste comparable to, like wild duck?

Tonight, a Sichuan style Beef with Cumin, Salt & Pepper Prawns and Choi Sum:

gallery_52657_4505_440827.jpg

No pictures of final Teal dish Shelby!?  I don't think i've ever seen it sold or on a menu here in the UK.  I'm intrigued, what is the taste comparable to, like wild duck?

LOL I forgot to take final pics :rolleyes: I must have been too hungry.

To us, the Teal is the best tasting duck there is. It's not as "heavy" or "gamey" as other ducks.

I love the salmon pics, and prawns.........homesickness sets in for the coast, *sigh*. Bruce, beautiful soup. Delectible looking meatballs. (Sandwich time!)

Sweetbreads, my first time. It's just one of those things you Have to try, after reading all the praises. I followed the suggestions found on egullet, and served on arugula with a butter, lemon, mushroom and caper sauce. They were very like beef fat in texture and taste. Is this the way they are supposed to be, or did I do something wrong?

gallery_48503_4919_893946.jpg

Brenda

I whistfully mentioned how I missed sushi. Truly horrified, she told me "you city folk eat the strangest things!", and offered me a freshly fried chitterling!

No pictures of final Teal dish Shelby!?  I don't think i've ever seen it sold or on a menu here in the UK.  I'm intrigued, what is the taste comparable to, like wild duck?

LOL I forgot to take final pics :rolleyes: I must have been too hungry.

To us, the Teal is the best tasting duck there is. It's not as "heavy" or "gamey" as other ducks.

i agree. i prefer them to black duck or mallard but now you so rarely get them in season or in migration. <sad and grumpy face>

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Damn, Prawncrackers, can you cook..

Monvano, You have me dreaming of meatball subs with crusty rolls and cheese.

I made a vegetarion Chile from my garden, with tomatos, zuchhini, pepper and parsley.

All I had to buy was the spice, one onion, and the beans.It came out beautiful.

The only things I had to buy was the spices and an onion.

---------------------------------------

Salmon topped with potato gratin, drizzled with truffle oil. Side of edamame

gallery_21049_162_26672.jpg

Sweedish meatballs with potatoes, cream sauce and lingonberry preserves - wanted to recreate the original meatball dish I had in Stockholm. Got the meatballs, sauce packet and lingonberry preserves at IKEA. Good, though the sauce was not as hearty as the original.

gallery_21049_162_30807.jpg

percyn,

The salmon topped with potato gratin looks delicious. How did you prepare it so the parts were done at the same time?

Michael

I wanted Mexican food yesterday!

So, I went out to the garden and picked some banana, anaheim and jalapeno peppers

gallery_54689_4781_423662.jpg

Then I chopped up some fresh 'maters, lettuce and onion

gallery_54689_4781_189237.jpg

I stuffed some of the peppers with Gouda cheese and smothered them in green chile pork sauce

gallery_54689_4781_794765.jpg

Then I made some salsa with lots of fresh cilantro

gallery_54689_4781_614362.jpg

Tacos and peppers YUM

gallery_54689_4781_806232.jpg

The carrots look perfect!  How did you glaze them?  Looks like you got great caramelization.  Did you add any sugar or honey to the braising liquid?

Sorry, I missed this! The liquid is equal parts, honey, bourbon, water and butter. The recipe is courtesy of one of my members, and I use 1/4 cup of each and toss in a saute pan until the liquid is basically reduced and the carrots are glazed.

Thanks Marlene!

I used 80% lean ground beef, fresh bread crumbs, grated parmesan, fresh parsley, milk, water and spices....

Lovely looking meatballs monavano, what spices did you use? I definitely fancy making these for myself.

The brown crabs at the moment are so fat with roe i just can't resist them! You know i love my fresh crab and I know you all like my Crab linguine, so enjoy :biggrin: :

gallery_52657_4505_397502.jpg

Thank you, Prawncrackers! I finally got around to posting my recipe.

Rigatoni with Meatballs

Enjoy!

Baked trout Wednesday and didn't eat it last night, so cold baked trout with mooli, arugula flowers and baby spinach, splash o'balsamic and olive oil. Tonight, more trout! With more greens - hopefully some of the magenta Amaranth mixed with the deep green baby spinach. We'll tire of this eventually, but not for awhile.

Tomorrow, though, grilled marinated octopus.

Thanks, Jim, for the beans tip. I'm going to set a pot up on Sunday.

And Jinmyo, how do you store fresh horseradish? I've find it goes...rather limp, rather quickly in the fridge.

Damn, Prawncrackers, can you cook..

:blush: thanks, you're too kind!

A bit of a departure tonight - we had pudding! First off was a flash-fried lamb leg steak (cumin, coriander, smoked paprika, sichuan/white/black pepper spice rub) finished with a little honey and chilli, crushed spuds and peas:

gallery_52657_4505_14968.jpg

and for pudding, baked NY cheesecake with a dollop of chantilly cream and a bramble:

gallery_52657_4505_427743.jpg

gallery_52657_4505_187143.jpg

My wife is never leaving me now!! :biggrin:

Prawn, Does your wife share???? Beautiful!

Mona, YUM! I am having visions of pulling off that skin and devouring it while no-one is looking.

Shelby, great pics, I can almost taste that salsa.

Jamie, looks great.

Sashimi dinner, with various pickle and rice. (I have learned to order on-line and make the things I crave that I can't get around here.) The ray of sunshine through the clouds.

gallery_48503_4919_699319.jpg

Brenda

I whistfully mentioned how I missed sushi. Truly horrified, she told me "you city folk eat the strangest things!", and offered me a freshly fried chitterling!

Prawn, Does your wife share????  Beautiful!

Mona, YUM!  I am having visions of pulling off that skin and devouring it while no-one is looking.

Shelby, great pics, I can almost taste that salsa.

Jamie, looks great.

Sashimi dinner, with various pickle and rice.  (I have learned to order on-line and make the things I crave that I can't get around here.)  The ray of sunshine through the clouds.

gallery_48503_4919_699319.jpg

Ok the orange stuff is salmon, but WHAT in the world is the purple thing?

"Commit random acts of senseless kindness"