• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner! 2005

EdS

Bill, that pizza makes me want to jump right in the screen.

Thanks. That sausage was unbelievable - spicy and sweet. I'm making mini pizzas this week with some pancetta I bought while we were there.

Bill Russell

mmm, egg salad.. what's the green stuff in your eggsalad Bilrus? Avocado?

Shalmanese, sometimes chocolate cake can be dinner! Looks great!

My dinner tonight:

Duck salad with honey balsamic cherry dressing

gallery_21505_358_18826.jpg

and pancakes stuffed with twice shelled broadbeans (although I only did one of the shellings because they came from the freezer :biggrin: ), ricotta, mint & parmesan:

gallery_21505_358_30607.jpg

mmm, egg salad.. what's the green stuff in your eggsalad Bilrus? Avocado?

Celery. Other stuff - onions, mayonnaise, dijon, garlic powder, salt, pepper.

It is basically the recipe from the CIA's "The Professional Chef", only I used 8 eggs instead of 40 or whatever restaurant-sized quantity the recipe called for.

Edited by bilrus (log)

Bill Russell

we had pancit and kare kare for lunch. :)

My kind of food... Filipino home cookin'! :wink:

And I'll second the comment about Bill's pizza... damn, that looks tasty!

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

Dinner was beets, the last few I pulled from the backyard. I slow roasted them with garlic and olive oil in the oven, peeled them, sliced them and served them with a walnut/roasted garlic dressing and cumbled farmer's cheese.

dessert: Canelles

Elie

E. Nassar
Houston, TX

My Blog

Blackened Salmon, Rice, Corn and Green Beans

gallery_16347_994_173573.jpg

I don't know why I don't eat more fish.

Ah, it's been way too long since I did a butt. - Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

--------------------

One summers evening drunk to hell, I sat there nearly lifeless…Warren

gallery_13038_837_48101.jpg

Russ grilled chicken, but not the usual almost-charred way which sometimes turns out overcooked. This was slow cooked on the grill and turned out soooo tasty and juicy. To go with it he made a salsa-slash-salad of black beans, corn, avocado, etc. and served that on top of a crispy slice of iceberg lettuce. ...Very good refreshing dinner.

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

wow what beautiful food and chocolate cake has most of the food groups in it. right? :rolleyes:

yesterday was the day off and it hit 60 here - YEAH!!!!

i wanted something lighter so sesame orange shrimp over jasmine rice. u9 shrimp, orange and yellow peppers, thinly sliced shallot, fresh orange juice, orange segments, toasted sesame seeds, oyster sauce. wonder what the combo would be like with chicken - or beef. will have to try.

leftovers for the next two days since we both are working late.

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

A friend gave me a 8lb trout, so I had a few friends over for dinner.

This was a variation on brandade de morue, using Scottish Abroath Smokies, rather then salt cod. Abroath Smokies have recently been given regional protection by the EU, as well they should because they are delicious. Hot smoked haddock, sold in pairs like these

gallery_1643_978_325016.jpg

The finished dish looked like this, you know white gloop.

gallery_1643_978_469063.jpg

The main was the trout cooked in brioche, with cod for contrast. Unfortunately, the damn oven turned itself off 15 minutes into the process, so the pastry didn't rise or brown as much as I would have liked. The scale is poor, but it is about 60 cm long.

gallery_1643_978_716633.jpg

Next days left overs.

gallery_1643_978_621607.jpg

For dessert I made a Normandy Apple, calvados, almond and creme fraiche tart. This was great, but I forgot to take a photo.

Bilrus, your pizza upthread looked so good that I had to have some..  :biggrin:  so today I made spicy sausage pizza, thanks for the inspiration!

gallery_21505_358_4520.jpg

Glad I could be of some inspiration. Looks mighty tasty.

Bill Russell

everyone's food looks amazing.

friday was my first ever carbonara. my local gourmet market didn't have (and had never heard of guanciale) but the pancetta was delicious. served it with blanched and then sauteed broccolini. amazing and i hate broccoli! i took a photo, but my lens was smeared. :wacko:

sunday i roasted some chicken thighs that i'd marinated in olive oil, lemon zest, oregano garlic, s&P and a little tahini. served with my first homemade pita, and feta/pepperoncini/cucumber/tomato & kalamata salad. oh, and a few roasted potatoes. very good.

from overheard in new york:

Kid #1: Paper beats rock. BAM! Your rock is blowed up!

Kid #2: "Bam" doesn't blow up, "bam" makes it spicy. Now I got a SPICY ROCK! You can't defeat that!

--6 Train

Clams, mussels and gurnard tagliatelle

What is gurnard???

Wow, I haven't posted in forever!! Broke out the camera again tonight.

Carrot ginger soup with creme fraiche

gallery_16100_1_72843.jpg

and Ginger scallion stuffed chicken breasts with shitake in parchment. steamed broccoli dressed in lemon garlic oil on the side

gallery_16100_1_29158.jpg

cheese plate for dessert- blue de basque, gruyere and fontina

A friend gave me a 8lb trout, so I had a few friends over for dinner.

This was a variation on brandade de morue, using Scottish Abroath Smokies, rather then salt cod. Abroath Smokies have recently been given regional protection by the EU, as well they should because they are delicious. Hot smoked haddock, sold in pairs like these

gallery_1643_978_325016.jpg

The finished dish looked like this, you know white gloop.

gallery_1643_978_469063.jpg

The main was the trout cooked in brioche, with cod for contrast. Unfortunately, the damn oven turned itself off 15 minutes into the process, so the pastry didn't rise or brown as much as I would have liked. The scale is poor, but it is about 60 cm long.

gallery_1643_978_716633.jpg

Next days left overs.

gallery_1643_978_621607.jpg

For dessert I made a Normandy Apple, calvados, almond and creme fraiche tart. This was great, but I forgot to take a photo.

Great job adam

I must say, I feel like such an idiot...

I spent hours cooking yesterday, was planning on taking some pics (finally) for the dinner thread, but totally forgot...and NOW I remember...arG!

Grilled home made sausages

Italian/Mexican bean salad/salsa...

Roasted garlic white bean paste ( I could eat tons of this stuff! )

Yay!! the first balcony dinner of the season!

Beetroot soup, corn cheese chive muffins, and a rocket salad with baby squid that were sauteed with garlic, chili and lots of basil:

gallery_21505_358_31582.jpg

That looks very pleasant.

Bill Russell

Tonight we had seared tuna with baby carrots cooked in Chardonay and Tyme and Potatoes with butter and Dill I wan tring to post pictures for the first time so I hope this works.

http://forums.egullet.org/uploads/11123049...1025_209291.jpg

http://forums.egullet.org/uploads/11123049...1025_363268.jpg

Can someone show me how to properly post pictures, I have been trying all night and this is the best I could do. Thanx :wacko:

Edited by Larry 1749 (log)

Cheers

Larry

"My gastronomic perspicacity knows no satiety." - Homer

Tonight we had seared tuna with baby carrots cooked in Chardonay and Tyme and Potatoes with butter and Dill I wan tring to post pictures for the first time so I hope this works.

11123049...1025_209291.jpg

11123049...1025_363268.jpg

Can someone show me how to properly post pictures, I have been trying all night and this is the best I could do.  Thanx :wacko:

Just copy the picture URL. Then press the IMG button. This will insert and image tag, that looks like this:

[img]

. Then hit ctrl+v, which will paste your url, so now you have this:

[img]http://forums.egullet.org/uploads/1112304993/gallery_19495_1025_209291.jpg

Now, hit the IMG button again, and that will close the image tag.

gallery_19495_1025_209291.jpg

gallery_19495_1025_363268.jpg

Edited by Patrick S (log)

"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced" - Vincent Van Gogh

Tonight i made veal in a vinegar garlic sauce with roasted red potatoes in fleur de sal with a side of cauliflower.. (The vinegar sauce taste like a kicked up marsala.)I also made my version of The Palms Chopped Salad with anchovies.. Thanks for the inspiration Calimero! Dessert is in the freezer.

gallery_15057_181_831686.jpg

edit to add dessert.. chocolate pate

gallery_15057_181_649288.jpg

Edited by Daniel (log)