• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner! 2012

rarerollingobject

i don't have any photos but leeks and couscous have been on the plate for the last few days.

Sauteed in a little oil, garlic and then braised (some other veg were added) and then spiced up with siracha. Paired with some meatballs i made earlier.

Id like to read more details on the SV Orange chicken if you wish to share!

:biggrin:

Nothing complicated. I have this dwarf orange tree which makes a lot of small sour oranges. I used the orange rind and a few leaves to put in the SV bag. Very nice infusion of orange citrus flavor into the chicken.

dcarch

It's been a busy start to the year at work, not had much time or energy to cook after a long day. So dinner has been sketchy recently, but here's a few from the past few weeks.

Rummaging through the freezer I found some scraps of beef, ox cheek, feather steak and some well aged end of a rib that I've been saving for burgers. So burgers it was, with some homemade briochy type buns and onion rings:

20120115a.JPG

20120116c.JPG

Flame grilled John Dory, Smoked Eel and Beetroot Salad with a Dashi Vinaigrette:

20120107b.JPG

Ras-al-hanout spiced Duck Breast, Couscous and Honey Lime Sauce

20120115f.JPG

Carnitas made with smoked beef ribs in a mole poblano sauce:

20120108d.JPG

Tonight Spaghetti alla Bottarga with roasted Sea Bream (in the background):

20120118d.JPG

Just fired up the smoker again. This time it's a piece of pork belly, seasoned with no more than salt, pepper and a little garlic powder. I'm debating whether or not I'll glaze the thing with some BBQ sauce later on.

Chris Taylor

Host, eG Forums - ctaylor@egstaff.org

I've never met an animal I didn't enjoy with salt and pepper.

Melbourne
Harare, Victoria Falls and some places in between

Well, I had a photo of tonight's dinner until operator error (mine) lost it while trying to move it from my new smartphone to my netbook. Lesson learned. Guess I'll have to make it again. :biggrin: Anyway, I made chicken picatta, which I adapted from an Emeril recipe for veal picatta. It really was very nice and we had it with broccoli.

Edited by robirdstx (log)

A very monochromatic dinner of pork shoulder roast braised in apple juice; caramelized apples and onions; roasted turnips and parsnips, and a cabbage slaw with caraway, allspice and cloves.

002.JPG

019.JPG

017.JPG

I made a start toward gnocchi with duck confit, but didn't finish it. Both components are tucked away in the freezer for future use.

Edited to move photo.

Edited by kayb (log)

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

[quote

Fried Pig's Tail, French Cut Romano Beans, Deviled Quail Egg, and Sauce Ravigote.

oqEMul.jpg

Perfect pigs tail.

Thanks, dude.

My buddy from culinary school came up today and threw this together for a late lunch. He used my lobster stock for the orzo, but the rest was his own doing. It tasted great.

yzRztl.jpg

Great meals all, especially the pig's tail.

Mostly leftovers tonight, however this was something I threw together at the last minute...

018.JPG

"Bacon and eggs".

Soft-cooked farm egg, with baby Brussel sprouts and pancetta. Sprouts were steamed, then briefly fried with pancetta; then finished with a squeeze of lemon, salt and black pepper.