• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cannes 2012

LuckyGirl

I've done a site search and looked through past posts on dining in Cannes but have found very little so I'm wondering if a new post/query might find new input.

I will be in Cannes for two weeks in October. My time in Cannes will be an even mix of cooking in and dining out. I would be appreciative of any and all suggestions for dining out. I enjoy all types of cuisine and am just as happy eating on the street as eating at a fine, starred restaurant. Most of the dining on this trip should be in the lower to moderate price range though one or two splurges is likely.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

• 3 weeks later...

La Palme D'Or's lunch menu (that isn't advertised on their website) offers a great option for a relatively budget friendly splurge. It's about €65 - €70 per head but includes everything: canapes, amuse, starter, main, desert, mignardises, coffee, water and wine (half bottle per head). The only thing not included is your aperitif, and it is hard to resist a glass of Champagne!