• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What sort of pie in graham cracker crust?

Lindacakes

I made a key lime pie for company.

This resulted in half a box of graham crackers left over -- Trader Joe's, they are very good.

Now I want to make another pie.

What sort of pie do you recommend for a graham cracker crust?

Any recipes that you particularly like?

Cream pies, I suppose, chocolate, banana, coconut . . .

I like to bake nice things. And then I eat them. Then I can bake some more.

I have a lemon cream cheese pie from a very old cheese book which takes only one box of cheese and one egg and tastes wonderful. Of course, I would put a chocolate ganache on top.

You could make the Margarita pie on graham crackers, although it's better on crushed pretzels.

Any kind of pie which has cream cheese or whipped cream or both as the bulk ingredient. Yumm.

How can you miss with cream cheese, whipped cream, lemon, booze....????

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

I'd also like to put in a good word for a meringue-type pie made with Valencia oranges, or blood oranges if you can get your hands on 'em, using as much juice as you can get away with in place of the water. (My go-to recipe calls for 1 C of cold liquid and 1.5 of boiling; I've successfully made it with 100% orange juice and it was fantabulous.)

Elizabeth Campbell, baking 10,000 feet up at 1° South latitude.

My eG Food Blog (2011)My eG Foodblog (2012)

I make a "no-bake" cheesecake topped with lemon curd that's good in a graham cracker crust, although lately I've switched to ginger snaps instead. The only time-consuming part is the lemon curd. Here's the recipe (scroll down).

I make a "no-bake" cheesecake topped with lemon curd that's good in a graham cracker crust, although lately I've switched to ginger snaps instead. The only time-consuming part is the lemon curd. Here's the recipe (scroll down).

All three desserts sound lovely...I'm going to make the Praline-Bourbon Custard Parfait...and I really enjoyed reading the entire article. :smile:

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Panaderia Canadiense, I would very much like to have that orange meringue pie recipe if you wouldn't mind sharing it.

Spiced graham crackers sounds good -- I usually put in some cinnamon. Cardamom, cardamom coffee . . .

I like to bake nice things. And then I eat them. Then I can bake some more.