• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kayb

kayb

Though I doubt any of us can top @dcarch's work, above, it IS that time of year again. For me, I always feel like I MUST grill something, possibly several somethings. This year, I suspect "something" will include perhaps a smoked whole chicken, and, depending on how many are showing up at my house over the weekend, I MAY pull out an 8-pound Boston butt from the freezer, coat it down with a good dry rub, SV it for about a day, and then stick it on the grill to smoke. I've also put a big piece of pork loin in to cure/brine for Canandian bacon, and that will need to go on the grill to smoke as well. I will perhaps put them on each end of the grill and put some fresh veggies on to grill over the fire.

Oh, and there are there's my impulse buy at Aldi this morning. I always peruse the sausages, as they tend to have an interesting variety, and they had a creature called "Hawaiian smoked sausage." Now, I have no clue what a Hawaiian smoked sausage ought to taste like, but in the interest of research, I bought a package, and I'm going to grill that and make some pineapple-mango salsa to go with it.

H'mmm. Maybe grilled pineapple-mango salsa...

What's everyone else doing?

kayb

kayb

Though I doubt any of us can top @dcarch's work, above, it IS that time of year again. For me, I always feel like I MUST grill something, possibly several somethings. This year, I suspect "something" will include perhaps a smoked whole chicken, and, depending on how many are showing up at my house over the weekend, I MAY pull out an 8-pound Boston butt from the freezer, coat it down with a good dry rub, SV it for about a day, and then stick it on the grill to smoke. I've also put a big piece of pork loin in to cure/brine for Canandian bacon, and that will need to go on the grill to smoke as well. I will perhaps put them on each end of the grill and put some fresh veggies on to grill over the fire.

Oh, and there are there's my impulse buy at Aldi this morning. I always tend to peruse the sausages, as they tend to have an interesting variety, and they had a creature called "Hawaiian smoked sausage." Now, I have no clue what a Hawaiian smoked sausage ought to taste like, but in the interest of research, I bought a package, and I'm going to grill that and make some pineapple-mango salsa to go with it.

H'mmm. Maybe grilled pineapple-mango salsa...

What's everyone else doing?