• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What Spice Blend Am I Thinking Of?

Hi, A few months ago I heard of a spice blend that sounded divine and I recall telling myself that the next

time I stop at the Indian Mkt Id buy some. Well, I forgot to not only stop, but I forgot the name of it too.

Ive been trying to Google for it but all I come up with is Ras Al Hanout but thats Middle Eastern..

It is NOT Garam Masala

Is there an Indian spice blend besides Garam Masala that is ultra delicious and popular?

Wawa Sizzli FTW!

If it's not chat masala, il could be jaljeera masala? If it's not for sprinkling, it could be Kitchen King masala? Goda masala. I'm trying to give names of uncommon masalas but it could just be any blend.

Could we have the colour and one or two spices that you could identify in the mix?

Edited by bague25 (log)

Vadouvan, perhaps? It seems like it became popular almost overnight...

True rye and true bourbon wake delight like any great wine...dignify man as possessing a palate that responds to them and ennoble his soul as shimmering with the response.

DeVoto, The Hour

• 5 weeks later...