• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Banana leaves in the UK?

Does anyone know where i can get non-dried banana, fig, or grape leaves in the uk?

I live in walsall, and I dont drive, so either on the net or Birmingham would be fine, but I cant really get further out than that.

I don't know Walsall, but generally banana leaves can be found in Asian shops. Have you tried Brum's Chinese supermarkets? Greek and Turkish or other middle-eastern shops often have vine (grape) leaves.

Edited by liuzhou (log)

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

I have had a look around birmingham and I have found them, but only dried, unfortunatly - and as for walsall, well, as far as im aware there isent anywhere to -start- looking, let alone potentially find something

I've bought fresh unfrozen banana leaves at the Asian Mini Market in Birmingham Indoor Market. You can find frozen banana leaves in any of the Chinese supermarkets in Brum too, Wing Yip etc