• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best Eastern European Restaurants in NYC

foodperestroika

As I review Eastern European restaurants on my blog, I'm always looking for new places to visit, especially good ones. What are your recommendations?

Some of the places I've recently reviewed are: Dacha, Brasserie Pushkin, Harmony Terrace, Krolewskie Jadlo, Onegin, Andre's Cafe.

I suppose Austria is eastern Europe, so my favorite local place would have to be Cafe Katja. They're currently closed as they are expanding into the space next door and doubling in size. Hope to be open by Labor Day.

Excellent house made sausages, good wines and beer, fine value. And some of the sweetest service around.

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

• 4 weeks later...

If Austrian food counts, then I'd add Wallsé, where I had a couple of excellent meals (admittedly, this is a few years back). What are you including in the 'Eastern Europe' category?

Totally agree on Wallse if Austria is being included. Another good option is Hospoda. (Modern Czech food)