• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Source for raspberry syrup?

TAPrice

Any recommendations for a high-quailty raspberry syrup that can be purchased online?

I've tried to order Small Hand Foods' raspberry syrup, but it seems to be out of stock everywhere. Are there other good options?

As often as raspberry syrup comes up in old cocktail recipes, I'm surprised that there isn't more of it on the market.

Todd A. Price aka "TAPrice"

Homepage and writings; A Frolic of My Own (personal blog)

I've never tried it and it's full of HFCS, but I've seen Smucker's recommended.

How about making it yourself? Buy some frozen raspberries, puree in a blender, sieve to remove seeds, boil down with sugar. Doesn't sound that hard, and I bet it would keep a long time in the fridge if you get it thick enough.

You could do it with fresh berries, but that would be pretty expensive.

Kindred Cocktails | Craft + Collect + Concoct + Categorize + Community

I've heard Smucker's recommended, too, but in the US I just used one of the brands targeted at the digusting-flavoured coffee trade - Toranni, I think. In Australia I like Cascade cordials - available in about any supermarket.

It's almost never bad to feed someone.

I like the Zergüt brand raspberry syrup - a quick search turns up this online source:

http://www.ranisworl...syrup-33-fl-oz/

I can't vouch for this vendor, as I get mine locally at a middle eastern grocery store. If you have a local middle eastern grocery, I would seek them out first, as they are a good source of fruit syrups - both from Zergüt and other brands.

Edited by Mark Muller (log)