• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

TN: 2009 Cotes du Rhone red E.Guigal 88/89 points

Don Giovanni

TN: 2009 Cotes du Rhone red E.Guigal 88/89 points

50% Syrah , 40% Grenache and 10% Mourvedre ...

this bottle was a gift from BB member Russel Spillman who stopped over for a tasting as he does from time to time and gave me the wine blind... last time I could got the wine wrong ... this time I nailed it... got the blend right picked Spain and was wrong on the country ...blind tastings are very humbling ...

so

dark color violet ...

nose is filled with saffron and fennel spice with the fruit of red crisp raspberry, hint of blueberry, red tart cherry, violet, lavender,

the mouth-feel was tart with crisp acidity followed by silk tannins well integrated that leave your mouth snapping up the red fruits raspberry, red tart cherry candy red liquorice, cinnamon

long finish the alc is balanced and comes in at 14% by vol...

this was a very good wine a QPR wine my score 88/89 drink now for the next few years do not hold...