• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hot smoked (hickory) duck breast salad w/deep fried chevre

glennbech

Nothing is better than to pull a "little gem" out of the fridge for a quick meal.

I had a home-cured hickory duck breast lying around and decided to make a quick salad of it. This is "duck ham" from "charcuterie the art of salting smoking and curing". I toasted some almonds, made a vinaigrette and threw in some deep fried chevre.

The shallow fried cheese turned out great, but it was not really needed for the dish. Nor did it bring anything extra "to the table" so to speak :-) But, it was an interesting experiment. (I wrapped pieces in a thin spring roll sheet).

I am not very happy about the skin of my hot smoked breasts. It's black and hard. I think I might remove it before serving next time around. The texture of the duck is absolutely amazing. Love it on sandwiches as well.

Yummy :)

403876_10150922782331455_574710398_n.jpg

Edited by glennbech (log)