• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best exotic/specialty produce purveyors in Phoenix area

Good afternoon everyone- I am an amateur cook who is working on a cookbook project that involves a fair amount of specialty produce. (Things like micro greens, edible flowers, wide assortment of mushrooms, etc). Does anyone know of a great place to find these things in the area? Or on the flip side does anyone know if LA Specialty Produce or Aztec Specialty Produce will sell to me as an individual (and not a restaurant/business)?

I should also add..recommendations for seafood/meats as well? I know Lee Lees sometimes has an amazing fish selection...but wondering where else those treasures may lurk...

Thank you in advance for any help! Cheers- Justin

Edited by thebadsleepwell (log)

Do you have a Restaurant Depot membership? RestoDepot (locations in PHX and Mesa) carries edible flowers, microgreens, etc. You'll need some sort of business license in order to get a free membership, but perhaps a friend or associate can help you out. Each member gets multiple bar code tags, which are required for entry & purchase. You don't have to show ID, but you do scan your tag upon entering. RD doesn't care who pays for the merchandise, just as long as you have a scancard at checkout.