• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sign in to follow this  
wc4572

ISO Orgeat Syrup in Pittsburgh Area

Anyone know where I can get orgeat syrup in the Pittsburgh area? Everything else I read says the liquor store, which means most people are not talking PA. I didn't find it in my liquor store. Thanks

You should be able to find it at places where you buy other flavored syrups (Torani, Monin, etc.) Or you could try making your own- eGullet's own Katie Loeb has a recipe in her book (http://tinyurl.com/bqorybt) which I'm sure is better than anything you can buy.

One hint for making your own: get pre-skinned almonds. Skinning them yourself sucks and makes the process take twice as long.

Really? I've never found it that difficult to blanch almonds...

Matthew Kayahara

Kayahara.ca

@mtkayahara

Sorry I'm a little late. did you try Penn Mac on the strip? I can't imagine they don't have it.

Sign in to follow this