• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Khmer Kitchen - New Cambodian in South Philly

KatieLoeb

Tried to stop by Khmer Kitchen, a new Cambodian place at 6th & Morris Streets on Monday but they were closed. They were kind enough to let me in and give me a menu, and they seemed very nice. Place is getting a lot of traction on the local food blogs of late and (FWIW) stellar reviews on Yelp. I don't know very much about Cambodian food, so I'm excited to learn about an entirely new cuisine.If anybody wants to go check this place out for lunch in the next couple of days, gimme a holla. I'm in!

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

• 2 weeks later...

I went here last week. Food was very good. Service was friendly but quite slow. Highlights were prah-hok kahteeh (caramelized ground pork with spices, coconut milk and prah-hok, which is fermented fish, with veggies,) fried calamari (super tender) and grilled, seasoned meatballs which were a steal at $1.50 for 4 decent-sized balls.