• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Agostoni Chocolate

RWood

Anyone ever try it? I've started a new job, and this was one of the chocolates they had brought in to try. They had bags of the 60% that I have used for brownies, truffles and ganache for cakes. It's easy to work with and emulsifies very easily when making ganache. We get it from Italfoods, haven't seen it anywhere else.

I asked the rep to send some of the white and milk to try. Not being a fan of white, I really like the flavor of this one. Not too sweet either. Only drawback some people may have with it is they use organic ground vanilla bean in it. So, there are little specks. I attached a picture. I melted some yesterday and it's viscosity is very fluid, so it may mold well. I'll have to try it and see. I don't mind the little specks of vanilla. It might make an interesting molded chocolate. I made my usual passionfruit ganache with it, and it was very tasty.

Still have to taste the milk chocolate.

wtchoc.JPG

Got a few samples from my supplier and really liked it (bittersweet, milk, gianduja), but haven't had a chance to order any yet. Thanks for the info on the white. The vanilla flecks won't bother me for some applications, but will definitely be a problem at other times. I may wind up stocking two different whites. And thanks for the info on ease of use. A bit tough to tell how well it'll work when you only have a small sample, but I was able to temper a tiny amount of it with no real problem, so that impressed me.

B. Keith Ryder

BCakes by BKeith