• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

16 minutes ago, Toliver said:

Santa Maria Tri-Tip is a thing around here and I am at a loss to understand why. I find tri-tip to be quite chewy and sometimes quite tough.I get tired just thinking of what it's like to chew that meat. Here it's either served with BBQ sauce or salsa. Neither sauce adds anything to it. 

That's why I much prefer a nice smoked brisket that's fall apart tender.

Oh my!  I'd take parking lot tri-tip in Morro Bay any day. Not unusually chewy. No sauces. And after a morning of kayaking , eating a 6 month RDA amount of  protein - 'so k.  But as always - we are fortunate to have choices..

heidih

heidih

11 minutes ago, Toliver said:

Santa Maria Tri-Tip is a thing around here and I am at a loss to understand why. I find tri-tip to be quite chewy and sometimes quite tough.I get tired just thinking of what it's like to chew that meat. Here it's either served with BBQ sauce or salsa. Neither sauce adds anything to it. 

That's why I much prefer a nice smoked brisket that's fall apart tender.

Oh my!  I'd take parking lot tri-tip in Morro Bay any day. Not chewy. No sauces. And after a morning of kayaking , eating a 6 month RDA amount of  protein - 'so k.  But as always - we are fortunate to have choices..