• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

One era ends, and a new one begins

Fat Guy

Thanks Nick. I was just talking about you at the new office. I mentioned that we once had our community focus group transcripts analyzed by a corporate psychologist in Australia, who developed a survey for us. It all sounded very impressive. Actually, in retrospect, the story impressed me too.

With respect to the behind-the-scenes work, I think my successors are slowly realizing that I did less than they thought and that I didn't do it as well as I should have!

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Wow. Big change going from being the boss to being not-the-boss. We'll miss you for sure.

Quirky sounds cool; one question, how do you handle the IP issues?

Wow. Big change going from being the boss to being not-the-boss. We'll miss you for sure.

Quirky sounds cool; one question, how do you handle the IP issues?

Not being the boss pays better!

Basically, if the company endeavors to build your invention, the company owns the intellectual property and pays you (and your collaborators) a perpetual royalty.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Congrats and more thanks, for your vision and dedication to this most excellent group of food people.

Peter Gamble aka "Peter the eater"

I just made a cornish game hen with chestnut stuffing. . .

Would you believe a pigeon stuffed with spam? . . .

Would you believe a rat filled with cough drops?

Moe Sizlack

Good fortune in the new gig. Sounds astonishingly interesting.

And thank you -- and your cohorts in the eGullet management structure -- for what has been an absolutely astounding experience in the two or three years I've been a member. I've learned so much, and look forward to continuing to do so.

Don't be a stranger.

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

You know what I've said to you privately, but I'll re-iterate some of it here. You've had a very good run Steven... and eG has prospered under your leadership. Be proud of what you have accomplished here.

Now, welcome back to the corporate world like the rest of us. :laugh: "Retirement" from eG has been good to me. I'm sure it will be good to you too.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Good Luck--I will miss your voice of sanity and reason on the forums. You are always kind and helpful, never snippy or uppity.

And, I might add, the champion creator of forum topics when things are lagging a bit.

Ruth Dondanville aka "ruthcooks"

“Are you making a statement, or are you making dinner?” Mario Batali

• 3 weeks later...

OK, Steve, this new chapter in your life does not get you a complete break from us here- I sure hope and expect that you will continue to ask your wonderful questions of all of us at least once each season! In a more serious tone(not my strength, I admit!)- Best hopes for your next steps. Bravo for moving forward and grabbing a new adventure, change can be a wonderful and intellectually invigorating catalyst for new joys!

More Than Salt

Visit Our Cape Coop Blog

Cure Cutaneous Lymphoma

Join the DarkSide---------------------------> DarkSide Member #006-03-09-06

• 2 months later...