• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Oyamel or Blacksalt? Welcome other recommendations

jtphjl

I will be returning to DC to host a small dinner party celebrating the commitment of a former college roommate, to another following three divorces. we will be 6 people Saturday July 14th looking for dinner. Looking for fabulous seafood of any cuisine, delicious wine and the ability to hear each other's conversation. Price is not an issue. We all have cars and downtown D.C. would be an easy commute for all involved. A 3rd party (not invited to this little gathering) suggested Oyamel or Blacksalt. - I welcome any suggestions!

Thanks! Jan

"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."

- Elaine Boosler

I really hate loud restaurants so I am with you. I have been to Blacksalt twice (though not in the past couple of years) and really enjoyed the food. The tables are relatively close together but I do not recall the noise level being a problem.

Thanks for the feedback! Prof was off my radar - however not any more!

As I write this -- Hope you all are doing well with the weather -

Jan

"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."

- Elaine Boosler