• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

• product-image-quickten.png.a40203b506711f7664fc62024e54a584.pngDid you know that these all-volunteer forums are operated by the 501(c)3 not-for-profit Society for Culinary Arts & Letters? This holiday season, consider a tax-deductible Quick Ten Bucks to support the eG Forums and help us remain completely advertising-free. Thanks to all those who have donated so far!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rlibkind

Head in the bottle?

5 posts in this topic

I'm drinking, on my front stoop, a bottle of Gagfel Kölsch . No glass, just from the bottle. And it has a perfect head! Never noticed that before with any beer still in the bottle.

Anyone else ever see this? Or have I just been oblivious until now?

Bob Libkind aka "rlibkind"

Robert's Market Report

Its so frigging hot, tap water has a head.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

I have noticed this in many bottle conditioned beers . I am not sure if your Gagfel Kölsch is bottle conditioned though.

"Why is the rum always gone?"

Captain Jack Sparrow

Btw, correcting my typo: it's Gaffel Kölsch. And the head remained through most of my slow consumption.

GFW: gee, the water from my tap doesn't form a head...it just boils away!

Bob Libkind aka "rlibkind"

Robert's Market Report

I've seen and experienced it. Not sure I care for head in the bottle as you really don't get to appreciate the aroma that much. IMO it's usually a result of a combination of overcarbonation, poor handling and improperly chilled beer.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0