• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Nyleve Baar

Nyleve Baar

Ex-New Yorker now Canadian. And I even lived a stone's throw from Utopia Bagels in Queens. TOTALLY converted to Montreal bagels after son spent years at McGill. It is a different creature but an excellent one. I'll hear no negativity about Montreal bagels. St. Viateur is as good as Fairmount. But in any case they must be sesame, not poppy.

Nyleve Baar

Nyleve Baar

Ex-New Yorker now Canadian. And I even lived a stone's throw from Utopia Bagels. TOTALLY converted to Montreal bagels after son spent years at McGill. It is a different creature but an excellent one. I'll hear no negativity about Montreal bagels. St. Viateur is as good as Fairmount. But in any case they must be sesame, not poppy.