• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What I'll miss most in Jersey and the NY Metro Area

Jason Perlow

Viewed at a local bagel shop in Englewood, NJ. So wrong.

7380923718_089c2a8dac_b.jpg

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

• 2 weeks later...

Jason,

You can always find a great meal at Michael's Genuine Food & Drink in North Miami. This place makes up for all the mediocre places in Florida. We did his deep fried pig's ears at our March Event after I got him to give me the recipe.

Good luck in your new home from all of us at Les Marmitons NJ.

Paul Eggermann

Vice President, Secretary and webmaster

Les Marmitons of New Jersey

Please try the bagels from The Sage in Hallandale Beach( but dont eat their matza ball soup, they use spagetti for the noodle). The bagels are consistently voted best Bagel in Broward. The bagels are chewy and dense. I actually cut them into 3rds when I'm at home and toast them. They are so dense, that sometimes its hard to scoop them.