• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Book on Espresso and Coffee

DanM

I gave my wife a goal... If she wants Espresso at home, she will have to save up for a Rancilio Sylvia. Determined and driven by a need for caffine, she has met her goal... Does anyone know of a book about making coffee and espressso drinks?

PS. I may have asked this before, but I could not find the thread. I'm sorry if this is redundant.

"Salt is born of the purest of parents: the sun and the sea." --Pythagoras.

In their excellent chapter on coffee the Modernist Cuisine folks recommend a number of books for further reading, in particular Rao's The Professional Barista's Handbook: An Expert Guide to Preparing Espresso, Coffee, and Tea, and Everything But Espresso: Professional Coffee Brewing Techniques.

Chris Hennes
Director of Operations
chennes@egullet.org

Thanks!! The Professional Barista's Handbook has been added to the shopping list.

I also found I Love Coffee! by Susan Zimmer, which is pretty much what I need to keep SWMBO... er LOML happy. Bascially, I need the Bartender's Bible, but for fussy espresso drinks.

http://www.amazon.com/Love-Coffee-Over-Delicious-Drinks/dp/0740763776/ref=pd_sim_b_2

"Salt is born of the purest of parents: the sun and the sea." --Pythagoras.