• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to eat in Mykonos

Hello,

We are headed to Mykonos for about a week and would love any input on great spots to eat. We are open to anything from casual to fancy, breakfast, lunch, or dinner - just good food! :) It looks like there weren't any recs for Mykonos since 2008 on the forum, so I thought I should try for more current suggestions.

Thank you, in advance, for any suggestions. They are greatly appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

We are now back from a great trip to Mykonos and ate at some fantastic restaurants. Standouts that I would recommend to anyone planning a trip to the island are - 1. Kiki's Tavern for lunch (no phones, no electricity, no reservations), food is grilled on an open charcoal grill and you eat at little tables in a courtyard under a huge tree. There are a selection of salads that you choose from on the inside, as well as appetisers and main courses selected from the menu. Our group of six are all still talking about the pork chop that we had. Amazing!!!

2. Bakalo - Here we were a large group and we ordered dozens of starters and small plates. All fabulous! The rose essence pudding was a delicious dessert standout.

3. Roca Cookery - Very simple menu made with great, quality ingredients, beautifully prepared. Also has a beautiful view of the harbor.

For drinks, though they are pricey, definitely recommend hitting Little Venice for sunset drinks at either Caprice or Scarpa. Really fun locations to watch the sunset, while listening to fun music and sipping expensive mojitos and the like.