• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cookies (and Sweets?) That Are Better Ice Cold

weinoo

To me, a lot of food (both sweet and savory) tastes best at room temperature.

But I like certain cookies right out of the fridge (some friends even tell me they're better out of the freezer, too).

So:

Mallomars

Thin Mints

What others?

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

I eat almost all cookies frozen--if they're left at room temp I will see them and eat them Keeping them in the freezer will extend the life of the batch...er, somewhat.

Ruth Dondanville aka "ruthcooks"

“Are you making a statement, or are you making dinner?” Mario Batali

Brownies most definitely. In fact, I don't like room temp brownies at all.

Uno Bars, for the candy bar category. If you can find them.

Chocolate chip cookies. But I have to disagree, ruthcooks. They're not any safer in the freezer than in the cookie jar, as I think you know! :wink:

kit

"I'm bringing pastry back"

Weebl

• 8 months later...

To me, a lot of food (both sweet and savory) tastes best at room temperature.

But I like certain cookies right out of the fridge (some friends even tell me they're better out of the freezer, too).

So:

Mallomars

Thin Mints

What others?

I used to like Hydrox sandwich cookies frozen, some candies, like Milky Way or Kit Kat, and homemade chocolate chip cookies.

... Shel

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ruby Mae's sugar cookies!

My daddy's cousin gave me her recipe for her thin crisp sugar cookies. They are great at room temp but crispy ice cold with a glass of lemonade...on a hot summer's day...bliss.

There is another thing I like frozen but I'd like to try and sell it in some fashion one day. I won't say what it is.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I love to eat cookies and I am fan of them . I have to suggest you that Cucidati is a traditional Italian cookie its proper Italian cookie having mixture of figs and other fruits, nuts, and seasonings. Some people having different recipes for Cucidati but typically includes figs, dates, raisins, and walnuts and is bound together with honey and orange marmalade also having cover of color full candies

Just try eat once and you will get best cookie for tasting

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"...in the mid-’90s when the internet was coming...there was a tendency to assume that when all the world’s knowledge comes online, everyone will flock to it. It turns out that if you give everyone access to the Library of Congress, what they do is watch videos on TikTok."  -Neil Stephenson, author, in The Atlantic

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer

• 5 months later...