• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Coconut Paletas (Popsicles)

Shel_B

Toots and I like coconut ice cream, and very much enjoy several brands of coconut popsicles - paletas. However, the ones we like are rather spendy, and most that we've tried we don't like very much. So, I thought I'd make our own.

I've checked numerous recipes on the web, found a few that look interesting, and may incorportate several deas into my own creation. However, checking in here seemed like a good idea. Has anyone made this dessert? Any interesting ideas or recipes? Thanks!

Edited by Shel_B (log)

... Shel

I have about 1 c. of coconut milk left from a recipe. Can I mix that with lemonade to make a coconut-lemon popsicle? Meaning - will the milk and watery lemonade stay mixed?

Don't see why not? (I hear Kerry Beal's voice in my head saying..."Try it.") Add a bit of Tequila while you are at it, why don't you? :cool:

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Puerto Ricans make a coconut ice that is out of this world. Back in my day, the old Latino men used to come to the street corners in Alphabet City, with their carts of the frozen treat.

Look on Latino websites to see if there's a recipe for it.

Theresa

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

- Abraham Lincoln