• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hardwood Lump Charcoal

vice

Living in Southern California, it was all you could do not to trip over 40 lb bags of lump charcoal (like this here). Every store carried them, from the national chain supermarkets to the tiny bodegas. Back in Rhode Island, all I can find are measly 8 lb bags. That's about two chimney loads full for me, which ain't gonna cut it with grilling season approaching. Any leads?

Note the product I linked to in my first post: $25 plus $40 for shipping. No thanks.

That's because it's sold by a 3rd party. Anything sold by Amazon itself has free shipping over $25 (and free shipping outright if you have Amazon Prime). For example, the first result is $30 with free shipping.

PS: I am a guy.

Thanks, Karlos! They sell that in our area, I need to try it.

This may be useful for some people, BTW http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumpindexpage.htm?bag

They didn't review the Wicked Good stuff though.

Naked Whiz's review of Wicked Good.