• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Classic bar service

Dear Southern Girl,

Here are some of my favorite classic bars where great drinks and service are united.

Mark Pollman at the Cheshire Inn’s Fox and Hounds Bar in St Louis

Nizza La Bella Oakland California, Proprietor Evelyn Sloman (author of the Pzza Book)

Jim Hewes Willard Hotel in Washingto DC, scholar pof the Mint Julep and keeper of the lore of the Old South

Salvatore Calabrese World authority on cognac and principal bartender of the Library Bar in Lanesboough Hotel, London

Peter Dorelli, Principal bartender at the American Bar in the Savoy Hotel and editor of the revised edition of the Savoy Cocktail Book

Colin Field, Principal bartender at the American Bar in the Ritz Hotel in Paris, France

Jimmy of Jimmy's in Frankfurt, Germany

Charles Schumann of Schumann’s in Munich, gremany

Audrey Saunders of Bemelmans Bar in the Carlyle Hotel in NYC

Jason at Pravda in NYC

There are obviously many more …some I neglected to note at the time othes I haven’t experienced yetIf anyone has some additions I would love to add them to my list andeventually visit.

Dale