• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hire a Chef for home parties?

andiesenji

I just learned about this in today's Gear Patrol email.

An interesting option for folks who want to entertain with the minimum of fuss - variable cost.

Kitchit.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

Exactly what I was going to write kennethT - Scotty's food makes me want to move to SF even more just so I could sample his food :-)

"Experience is something you gain just after you needed it" ....A Wise man

I'm currently advising the team behind Kitchit and I think they're doing a fantastic job. So far, people who have tried it rave about the experience. Private Dining used to be something that you had to be in the right social circles to even know that it existed and I think it's great that Kitchit is democratizing the experience and making it accessible to everyone.

If you're interesting in doing a Kitchit dinner, PM me and I can try to hook you up with some kind of eGullet discount. If you have any questions, let me know and I can get someone from the team to reply here.

PS: I am a guy.

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty much every dinner I do now someone mentions this. Wonder if it's a good or bad thing for my little business...

For me you really need a mix of cooking and social skills. I love to go to these random kitchens, meet new people and really just talk food all night. I have worked with a lot of cooks that I just couldn't see sparking up a conversation with a random person.

Sleep, bike, cook, feed, repeat...

Chef Facebook HQ Menlo Park, CA

My eGullet Foodblog