• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Shop Rite

John

Last week was extremely crazy, so I took the opportunity (read: excuse) to try out Shoprite in Clark's "Shop at Home" service.

Do you happen to know what their delivery area is? I am 5 miles from there, and it is VERY tempting!

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne

Last week was extremely crazy, so I took the opportunity (read: excuse) to try out Shoprite in Clark's "Shop at Home" service.

Do you happen to know what their delivery area is? I am 5 miles from there, and it is VERY tempting!

ShopRite's Shop at Home service DOES NOT DELIVER. You have to go to the store and pick up the groceries that you ordered online. But they do have special pick up parking spots, and someone does load everything into your car. For delivery, you'd have to check if PeaPod (www.peapod.com ) services your town. I know they just expanded a bit, but they still don't cover me here in West Orange.

Actually, they do deliver, but it's an additional $5.95 on top of the initial $10 charge. They use scripting on the site, so I can't link directly to it, so here's the list of town's the Clark Shoprite delivers to, and the zip codes:

07001 Avenel

07016 Cranford

07023 Fanwood

07027 Garwood

07033 Kenilworth

07036 Linden

07060 Plainfield

07065 Rahway

07066 Clark

07067 Colonia

07076 Scotch Plains

07083 Union

07090 Westfield

07091 Westfield

07092 Mountanside

07095 Woodbridge

07203 Roselle

07204 Roselle Park

08820 Edison

08830 Iselin

Also, there's multiple Shoprite's that have this program. The link is here.

Joanna G. Hurley

"Civilization means food and literature all round." -Aldous Huxley

• 1 year later...

just got back from the wharton shoprite and was surprised to see that there is a small d'artagnan section now. i found both wild boar and duck bacon at 4.99/ 8 oz. there were other things such as pate, duck confit and ... sorry, i can't remember. (this menopause thingy is a pain on my brain). used the duck bacon to do some red cabbage and it's wonderful

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

just got back from the wharton shoprite and was surprised to see that there is a small d'artagnan section now.  i found both wild boar and duck bacon at 4.99/ 8 oz.  there were other things such as pate, duck confit and ... sorry, i can't remember. (this menopause thingy is a pain on my brain).  used the duck bacon to do some red cabbage and it's wonderful

The Hoboken Shop Rite has a pretty good D'Artagnan selection. Always get the Andouille whenever I'm making Jumbalaya. Got the individually packaged Duck Breast ($11.99 / lb) the other day -- turned out to be tough -- very dissapointing. (At this point, I'm still believing it was the meat and not the chef -- scored it, seared it to render the fat for 5 mins and into the oven for 7 -- was med rare, but tough). Wonder if it had been frozen and thawed...