• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Kosher for Passover

EvergreenDan

First, I don't quite understand how any wine can be kosher for Passover with the yeast that is required for fermentation. Obviously there is some loophole for lovers of Concord grape juice.

But what about cocktails? Are spirits allowed? Ideally I'd like some sort of bitter cocktail. It's not an orthodox house, and they don't keep kosher normally, but I want to celebrate the spirit of Passover. Think more culturally than religiously Jewish.

Kindred Cocktails | Craft + Collect + Concoct + Categorize + Community

Thanks for the links. The Kosher-for-Passover 209 doesn't seem to be easy to find, even right before Passover.

I may try to see if the host is OK with non-kosher cocktails that reflect the meaning of passover: Sipping Seder

Alternatively, rum and Angostura would make a good sour, in the style of the Trinidad Sour.

Edited by EvergreenDan (log)

Kindred Cocktails | Craft + Collect + Concoct + Categorize + Community