• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Partial Growler

TheNoodleIncident

Just bought a 64oz growler. I'm unlikely to finish the entire thing by myself tonight, so does anyone have tips on how to best save the leftovers? How bad will it be if I just recap whats left? I don't really have any smaller glass containers that would work.

If anyone is interested, the beer is Nugget Nectar.

It won't be as good but it'll should keep overnight. I'd try and finish it the next day, though. Though worse comes to worst, you can always cook with whatever might be left after two days, right?

"I know it's the bugs, that's what cheese is. Gone off milk with bugs and mould - that's why it tastes so good. Cows and bugs together have a good deal going down."

- Gareth Blackstock (Lenny Henry), Chef!

eG Ethics Signatory

Keep it cold to keep the carbon dioxide in solution (kind of obvious). For next time buy a capper and crown caps at the home brew store and fill some small bottles with as little head space as you can.

It's almost never bad to feed someone.

I just cap and finish mine the next day. If you really feel the need of another option, what about those glass marble/pebble wine saver things people put in half finished bottles of wine to bring the level of liquid up to the top. You could buy some for the next time , I assume there will be a next time if the beer is that good.

"Why is the rum always gone?"

Captain Jack Sparrow