• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Thank you

Monica Bhide

I wanted to take a moment to thank the Egullet Team and all egulleters for all the wonderful discussions these past two weeks and for giving me the honor of being a special contributor

One story, I do want to tell. When Suvir and I first talked about this opportunity, I was really quite nervous. I am not a professional chef by any stretch of the imagination and the "foodies" on egullet are really a very knowledgeable lot. So I said to Suvir, "I will do this and then perhaps you can help me become the next Suvir" and his response, " Or I can stand by you, be a friend and help you as you become you". Touche

So to Suvir Saran, a class act all the way, thank you for this honor and privilege. I have learnt a lot from you the past few weeks and I hope that this will continue.

I also wanted to take this opportunity to announce the winners of the book. If you would like to PM me your address, I will send the book to you ASAP

-- Foodman

-- Dstone001

-- Nolongerlurking

thankyou all. I will be around on egullet, I hope for a long time to come. If I can ever answer any questions or provide any assistance in the wonderful world of Indian cooking, please do not hesitate to ask.

Monica Bhide

A Life of Spice

I also wanted to take this opportunity to announce the winners of the book. If you would like to PM me your address, I will send the book to you ASAP

WOW I am so thrilled! Thank you, Monica. And Thank You, Suvir for just being you.

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Monica: We all very much appreciate all your effort here, but we also insist that you not reduce your level of participation one iota going forward!

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Monica: We all very much appreciate all your effort here, but we also insist that you not reduce your level of participation one iota going forward!

I hereby swear that I monica bhide will continue to participate and learn something new each day at Egullet. LOL

I thank you and yes I will continue. Due to my mothers illness, I will be headed overseas for a few weeks, I promise to stay in touch when I get back. I hope to bring back better news about my mom and some fun eating adventures from overseas.

Monica Bhide

A Life of Spice

I thank you and yes I will continue. Due to my mothers illness, I will be headed overseas for a few weeks, I promise to stay in touch when I get back. I hope to bring back better news about my mom and some fun eating adventures from overseas.

I am certainly joined by many in wishing your mother better health and speedy recovery from what ails her. Safe travels. to you

We look forward to your coming back with better news concerning her health and stuff for us to chew and discuss.

Thanks Monica for all your generous sharing of information, recipes and of your time.

The India board and eGullet, shall look forward to your continued participation.