• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Guess: how many wine varietals are there?

Don Giovanni

No GOOG alowed ::I want you to guess how many wine varietals there are in the world ?

No GOOG allowed...

I want you to guess how many wine varietals there are in the world ?

so what was your guess... ? ... mine was 10,000 off by 4,000 ...

Just the Facts. Yes, All of Them.

Quote:

There are also listings of 14,000 wine grape varietals, of military aircraft accidents from 1950 to 1974, and of body masses of major celebrities. Odd facts matter too, Mr. Elbaz notes.

a new tool for wine information... very cool...

source::: Click On Me

this company will change the way you come to comprehend data... be it wine related or other...

Quote:

“The world is one big data problem,” Mr. Elbaz says from his headquarters, a quiet office 14 floors above the Los Angeles Country Club. He is a slim, soft-spoken man who weaves in his chair when an idea excites him. “What if you could spot any error, as soon as you wrote it? Factual is definitely a new thing that will change business, and a valuable new tool for computing.”