• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

7 deadly ZINs 2009 Lodi Ca, solid 90 points great QPR @ $21.00

Don Giovanni

7 deadly ZINs 2009 Lodi Ca, solid 90 points great QPR @ $21.00

nice rich color dark deep burgundy with ruby edges

blackberry nose with anise and black liquorice ... rich mouth-feel well balanced fruit with vanilla on the top of the palate long hang time on the finish with a dry snap...if you breath out of your mouth and nose you taste a mocha chocolate impression

these are the type of wines that bring me back to my grandfathers wine cellar and sipping wine as a very small child as he explained what I was looking for...life seemed very simple then... after we learned a short story or two then the wine went into the bowl and out came the peaches... fresh or put away in jars and what a nice treat at any age... yes, we were happy kids...

15% ABV and you really can't feel it... very well balanced...

back to the nose it reminds me of the 2007 Earthquake on the spice side ... influenced by the barrel in a great way to my style of ZIN...

solid 90 points... “Old Vine” Zinfandel, Lodi, California

after tasting very old ZIN vines you pick up on the signature taste they give off... IMVHO these vines need to be protected as an American historic vine treasure ... registered with protection would suit me just fine...

1478: George Plantagenet, Duke of Clarence, was executed by drowning in a

barrel of Malmsey wine at his own request.