• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

San Antonio

avaserfi

I just found out that I'll probably be in San Antonio in late April with some family. I don't know too much about the area, being much more familiar with Austin and Houston. The last discussion looks a few years old.

Does anyone have any recommendations for good restaurants and bars? I don't care about the view and am not too picky on service. I'm interested in good food, especially if it isn't something I can find in Austin or Houston.

Thanks.

Andrew Vaserfirer aka avaserfi

Host, eG Forums

avaserfirer@egstaff.org

eG Ethics Signatory

I second the recommendation for The Monterey. I was there a week ago and had several excellent off menu specials.

Il Sogna is also very good.

However, if you can't find good food in Austin you may not be happy with anything in San Antonio.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to look into them.

As for Austin, I think there is some great food there. That said, I think the Houston food scene is quickly becoming much more interesting, but this is a topic for another thread.

Andrew Vaserfirer aka avaserfi

Host, eG Forums

avaserfirer@egstaff.org

eG Ethics Signatory