• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chicago Sushi

abadoozy

I know there's a few threads on this already, but they're all several years old, and I wanted up-to-date info.

Hubby and I are headed to Chicago for a long weekend next week, and one thing we definitely want to get is some decent sushi. We're staying near the loop.

Any recommendations? We want something fairly close to the loop, or a short metro ride away.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite right now is Arami on Chicago, just east of Damen in Ukrainian Village. Its owned by the same people as Mirai on Division and Damen, but its a little bit less traditional, more creative.

Easy trip from downtown hotels. You can take the blue line out to the damen stop and walk or short cab to either one. Cocktails at the Violet Hour, little snack at Big Star....