• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

cocktail party...

Hi Perry,

I would alter the three drinks according to the season …For a winter or fall cocktail party I would serve a great whiskey drink like the Old Fashioned, or the Manhattan, the Margarita, and a sexy new martini recipe(of course I would be sure to have ingredients on hand for a classic martini as well, the classic is the king of cocktails and should always be available at a cocktail party…gin, vermouth, and an olive )

For a party in the summer I would offer fruit Caipirinhas, cherry and mango maybe, again Margaritas (they are so popular a party isn’t a party with out margaritas) and maybe something tall and cool like Lemoncello lemonade or a tall rum punch.