• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tamashi West Island

lioness

Went to Tamashi last night with hubby. We were both wowed!. The restaurant is beautifully decorated with lots of red and white and plenty of water features. The menu was interesting and had something for everyone (www.tamashi.ca). We both had the won ton soup. I love La Perle's won ton soup but this one blew it away. We loved the soup that seemed to be a mix of Fuji's soup and traditional won ton but with even more flavor! I need to see if I can order for lunch take out. Then we ordered Shrimp Tempura that came with a sweet sour sauce. I wasn't fond of the sauce but hubby loved it. The tempura came with veggie tempura as well. Really well done and grease less and everything was really good. I chose the sizzling teriyaki shrimp which as absolutely great. Lots of veggies with a great sauce and plenty of shrimp. Hubby had the General Tao chicken and claimed it was one the best that he'd ever had. Cost for both was $66.00. Since it's a bring your own wine I brought sake which made the whole thing very affordable.

Tamashi...we'll definitely go back!