• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Oxo Tower restaurant

Has any one been there recently?

It went through a stage a few years ago getting poor reviews but I haven't seen anything (apart from in Time Out) about it. I'm thinking of visiting in a few weeks and would be interested in any recent visits.

I'm looking for somewhere with a view so it is here, Galvin at Windows or Blueprint Cafe. The other two I know well and have never been to the Oxo Tower.

Thanks

Andrew

Oxo is off the map, there must be a reason.

I'd say you'd get a better meal at Windows, the lunch time deals are great. If you don't get a window seat though then it's 'just' another restaurant view wise. Best to butter up Fred Sireix first to get him to favour you.

Thanks. Paramount is a good idea, I've never been there - I thought it was a private memebrs club. Unfortuantely neither Rhodes nor Vertigo work as it is a Saturday evening I need the reservation and being City based they are closed (or dead).

Galvin at Windows is my first choice but I was looking for somewhere different.

Went to Paramount when it first opened. Food was fine; nothing special. Views excellent (better from the bar iirc). It was quite a 'bridge and tunnel' crowd. Security to get in is pretty heavy, as you'd expect.

• 3 weeks later...

Ended up going to Paramount. Good food, my starter was ok but main course was good, my guest said her starter was good and main course was one of the best vegetarian main courses she has ever had. Desserts was also good. Great views, really buzzy and informal atmosphere - full of people there for a special occassion and wanting to enjoy themselves. Security 'strict', food not as good as Galvin at Windows but as good as some 1 star places.

Andrew