• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

é Inside Jaleo

I haven't seen a thread about this on here so I thought I'd start one. I've managed to score a reservation for next Sunday and I was wondering what to expect. Has anyone been yet? I will be sure to post details when I get back.

Was there last year. Very similar to his high end DC experience for the food. It is more personal because the area is totally shut off from the regular restaurant. The circular bar seating gives a good view of preparing or plating the food and is created for your experience. The staff makes it totally enjoyable. You will get some of the el bulli techniques throughout the evening. The beverage paring includes other beverages than just wine. It is worthwhile for the extra planning it takes (only 8 seats per sitting) and different enough from the other high end choices that food lovers should try it.

I haven't seen a thread about this on here so I thought I'd start one. I've managed to score a reservation for next Sunday and I was wondering what to expect. Has anyone been yet? I will be sure to post details when I get back.

You can get an idea of what to expect from my review of e' here from last year when I was at Vegas Uncork'd. It's truly a unique experience and I felt it was worth the time and cost. Due to the intimacy of the setting, I chose not to take any photos.

You can get an idea of what to expect from my review of e' here from last year when I was at Vegas Uncork'd. It's truly a unique experience and I felt it was worth the time and cost. Due to the intimacy of the setting, I chose not to take any photos.

David, thanks for pointing me to your review. I will report back here as well when I come back and can only hope it is a fraction as interesting to read as your review is.

I ate at e in the 2nd week of Feb. Enjoyed the spheres, glad I had a real gin and tonic before having the foam version of same drink. Enjoyed the very intense Iberico taco and the pork/squid thing was the best pork I've had in North America (which isn't saying much, compared to the pork one can get in Japan). The endless deserts didn't interest me, which is true of deserts anywhere. I had the mocktail pairings which I enjoyed more than the food, particularly the first drink, a green tea-peach puree Jasmine air. I couldn't believe how good that was. The food never achieved that level, but it was better than Alinea.

• 2 months later...

I have debated posting anything about this restaurant. I enjoyed the meal, but I think it was a bit one note. I felt that every dish had a heavy citrus component that got really repetitive. That and the endless desserts made the meal not up to my memory of Alinea, but still very good.

My husband and I dined at e two weeks ago. While it was an interesting experience, with all Las Vegas has to offer, I would not rush to go back. The food was beautifully presented and prepared well,but there was too much foam on several of the dishes. Also I felt some of the dishes were a bit disjointed - for instance one of the dessert dishes was a wonderful flan that was totally spoiled by having shaved ice put on top.

What really put me off was the service. The front of house was very poor in explaining the process. We decided that we did not want to order the drinks that were paired with the meal; but would rather order wines by the glass. We let the front of house staff know this prior to entering the room. The server never did come and take our order and we were seated without any drink order in hand. We were late in getting started due to 2 couples coming 20 minutes after the start time. (Instead of starting on time we were told we had to wait for the other 4 people.) Once we were seated I felt I was on a treadmill to get all the courses finished in time. The food was coming fast and furious and it was not a relaxing dining experience. About the 4 course in we finally cornered a staff member and ordered some wine as we had been completely ignored up to this point in time.

I have eaten at many Michelan 3 star restarautants as well as Noma and in my opinion e is not up to this standard.

Life is short, eat dessert first