• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"Cook's Illustrated" Parody: The Day I Killed a Man

therippa

My wife and I were both HOWLING reading this. This was easily one of the funniest things we've read in months (years!).

Spot. Freakin'. On.

Who cares how time advances? I am drinking ale today. -- Edgar Allan Poe

I found this amusing...

I found the link to the parody attached to an article on Serious Eats showing this video...granted though, their recipe for beef stew is quite simpler, and the one they are talking about in this video is from the Bouchon cookbook.

• 1 year later...

http://describedbycooksillustrated.tumblr.com

Spot on.

"Scotch-taping wrapping paper should be easy, right? Wrong: too often you end up not with a clean, invisible seal but an unsightly web of fingerprints. We thought we could do better. The trick, it turns out, is swapping your dispenser for an egg slicer - and replacing the tape with softened leaf gelatin"

Oh, I was picturing parody just from the thread title, and so often I'm disappointed. What a relief here! Thank you.

Per la strada incontro un passero che disse "Fratello cane, perche sei cosi triste?"

Ripose il cane: "Ho fame e non ho nulla da mangiare."