• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Book recommendation - "Taste Buds and Molecules"

Book recommendation::: Taste Buds and Molecules: The Art and Science of Food, Wine, and Flavor

Taste Buds and Molecules

after receiving my book from Amazon I jumped right in...

this book out of all the books I own relating to wine, food, smell, taste, chemistry, is one that is indispensable ...it's a must read if you every want to understand the molecular nature of what the #ell you are tasting and not only wine...

in college while taking organic chem I came to understand many things that related to me everyday... this book is like the Rosetta Stone... it has taken all the information I have ever read and constructed a wonderful, clear, intelligent, concise and to the point reference of all that is taste via pure science...

I can not express to anyone ITB, or just a wine geek, or maybe a foodie ... you must read this book... it's easy to read... you don't have to start at the beginning you can jump around if you like...

it's the ultimate Kama Sutra for taste... you will bring to yourself and others so much pleasure from this information that taste will never be the same again... ever !!!!

How does this book compare to Molecular Gastronomy by Herve This? I'm about half-way through that book, which was written about 5 years ago, and find it very interesting.

this new book relates to wine and pairings ... both are good , but I would place my bets on this new one as the book to read... it's less reports better translation ... better interface with the wine world... easy to read...