• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Anniversary dinner in West Montco/Chester County area

shellbellc

Looking for a nice place for a 10 year anniversary dinner. Typically we would go to 7 Stars or drive up to Anthony's Trattoria in Mt Penn, but wanted to try something different.

Resaurants that made my cut were Yellow Springs Inn (byob), Vicker's Tavern, and Dilworthtown Inn. I think after comparing menu's we're going to try Vicker's. Has anyone here ever eaten there or one of the other's mentioned? (Haven't been too pleased with 7 Stars lately.)

Dilworthtown is an old standby. Its not trendy, but reliably good.

If you are getting that far into Chesco you might think about Gilmore's in West Chester. A seriously good BYOB. Chef/owner was Perrier's exec during the glory years.

• 1 month later...

This response might be too late...but will give it a shot.

Its been a few years since I ate at Vicker's and based on that experience, I would pass.

My recommendations would include:

- Birchrunville Store Cafe

- Gilmore's

- Majolica

- Alba

- Duling Kurtz House

- Kimberton Inn (on a good day)