• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Toliver

KFC 2012–

"The KFC Waffle Double Down is coming ... but only in Canada"

The sandwich is billed as a spin on the classic American pairing of chicken and waffles. It consists of two fried chicken fillets around a Belgian waffle – which has been drizzled with Canadian maple syrup aioli, in a nod to its unlikely country of origin...
The sandwich is available starting Monday, March 26 [TODAY] for a limited time only, so you'll want to run, not walk, to the border if you're eager to get a bite. 

You lucky Canadians continue to lead the Charmed Life. :B xD

2 hours ago, Anna N said:

I’ll NOT be taking one for the team. :D

Nor I!

2 hours ago, Anna N said:

I’ll NOT be taking one for the team. :D

9 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Nor I!

I guess that makes three of us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"maple syrup aioli"?? Wow. O.o 

"KFC releasing new Pickle Fried Chicken"

KFC has a new item on their menu: the Pickle Fried Chicken.

According to a press release, the fast food chain created this mashup in response to an overwhelming request by customers for more pickles. While the company has been offering more pickles per request for years, this promotion kicks things up a notch.

It combines the classic Extra Crispy Chicken with a new twist -- pickles. The already seasoned and breaded fried chicken is covered in a pickle sauce made of a combination of dill and vinegar flavors, with hints of onion, garlic, buttermilk, and a black and white pepper blend. The sandwich is then loaded up with more pickles to add that extra crunch.

It's a "For a limited time only" menu item that will become available to buy this Monday.

"Hearty eaters’ alert: KFC Offers Double the Fried Chicken in Its New Sandwich"

KFC is doubling the good stuff in this super-sandwich, packing in two tasty chicken filets instead of one. Other than that, the sandwich is the same as the original Colonel’s Crispy Sandwich. It comes with pickles and mayo and is served on a sandwich bun.

The one-filet version of the Colonel's Crispy Sandwich launched in April, and was considered by some to be the chain's attempt to compete with Chick-fil-A, which is well-known for its similar sandwiches.

Re: Chick-fil-A vs KFC...There's a difference between the breading on their chicken sandwiches. I guess it boils down to a preference thing, IMHO.

I suppose I could take the double filet KFC sandwich home, remove the extra filet and make another sandwich out of it (or slice it up and add it to a salad). It seems like a lot of meat for one sandwich.

Thing that make you go "Hmm": Would I get tired of all that chewing? xD

Has anyone tried this new sandwich? Or even the original single-filet version?

NO !!!!!

just to review :  NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown-1.jpeg.ba0fbcdc9e767c04d1ef49cb49842ba2.jpeg

Christmas Tree Aromas  ( fresh tree BTW, not those blood red ones some enjoy )

Bayberry candle burning

Cookies Baking

the Log Fire Crackling  :   KFC log adds essential aromas for some :  frying  , left over grease  , 11 herbs and spices 

Seasonal Aromas at their best .

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Shelby said:

SHOOT!  Sold out :( 

@Shelby I found a similar article with a web site: kfcfirelogs.com

When I clicked on a link to buy I got sent to a PayPal interface so I stopped my interaction right then and there. I didn't get far enough to see if they still had any in stock. It's worth a shot, if you're interested.

57 minutes ago, Toliver said:

@Shelby I found a similar article with a web site: kfcfirelogs.com

When I clicked on a link to buy I got sent to a PayPal interface so I stopped my interaction right then and there. I didn't get far enough to see if they still had any in stock. It's worth a shot, if you're interested.

Thanks, but yes, they are sold out.  

• Sad 1