• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

KFC 2012–

Toliver

"The KFC Waffle Double Down is coming ... but only in Canada"

The sandwich is billed as a spin on the classic American pairing of chicken and waffles. It consists of two fried chicken fillets around a Belgian waffle – which has been drizzled with Canadian maple syrup aioli, in a nod to its unlikely country of origin...
The sandwich is available starting Monday, March 26 [TODAY] for a limited time only, so you'll want to run, not walk, to the border if you're eager to get a bite. 

You lucky Canadians continue to lead the Charmed Life. :B xD

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

35 minutes ago, Toliver said:

"The KFC Waffle Double Down is coming ... but only in Canada"

You lucky Canadians continue to lead the Charmed Life. :B xD

I’ll NOT be taking one for the team. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

2 hours ago, Anna N said:

I’ll NOT be taking one for the team. :D

9 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Nor I!

I guess that makes three of us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

• 2 weeks later...

"maple syrup aioli"?? Wow. O.o 

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

• 2 months later...

"KFC releasing new Pickle Fried Chicken"

KFC has a new item on their menu: the Pickle Fried Chicken.

According to a press release, the fast food chain created this mashup in response to an overwhelming request by customers for more pickles. While the company has been offering more pickles per request for years, this promotion kicks things up a notch.

It combines the classic Extra Crispy Chicken with a new twist -- pickles. The already seasoned and breaded fried chicken is covered in a pickle sauce made of a combination of dill and vinegar flavors, with hints of onion, garlic, buttermilk, and a black and white pepper blend. The sandwich is then loaded up with more pickles to add that extra crunch.

It's a "For a limited time only" menu item that will become available to buy this Monday.

Tim Oliver

• 1 month later...

"Hearty eaters’ alert: KFC Offers Double the Fried Chicken in Its New Sandwich"

KFC is doubling the good stuff in this super-sandwich, packing in two tasty chicken filets instead of one. Other than that, the sandwich is the same as the original Colonel’s Crispy Sandwich. It comes with pickles and mayo and is served on a sandwich bun.

The one-filet version of the Colonel's Crispy Sandwich launched in April, and was considered by some to be the chain's attempt to compete with Chick-fil-A, which is well-known for its similar sandwiches.

Re: Chick-fil-A vs KFC...There's a difference between the breading on their chicken sandwiches. I guess it boils down to a preference thing, IMHO.

I suppose I could take the double filet KFC sandwich home, remove the extra filet and make another sandwich out of it (or slice it up and add it to a salad). It seems like a lot of meat for one sandwich.

Thing that make you go "Hmm": Would I get tired of all that chewing? xD

Has anyone tried this new sandwich? Or even the original single-filet version?

Tim Oliver

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, rotuts said:

an now , a KFC fire log :

i

only 19.00  USD

suprise.gif.d7089322aa7b84055d8f5e70e42b79fd.gif

SHOOT!  Sold out :( 

NO !!!!!

just to review :  NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown-1.jpeg.ba0fbcdc9e767c04d1ef49cb49842ba2.jpeg

Christmas Tree Aromas  ( fresh tree BTW, not those blood red ones some enjoy )

Bayberry candle burning

Cookies Baking

the Log Fire Crackling  :   KFC log adds essential aromas for some :  frying  , left over grease  , 11 herbs and spices 

Seasonal Aromas at their best .

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Shelby said:

SHOOT!  Sold out :( 

@Shelby I found a similar article with a web site: kfcfirelogs.com

When I clicked on a link to buy I got sent to a PayPal interface so I stopped my interaction right then and there. I didn't get far enough to see if they still had any in stock. It's worth a shot, if you're interested.

Tim Oliver

57 minutes ago, Toliver said:

@Shelby I found a similar article with a web site: kfcfirelogs.com

When I clicked on a link to buy I got sent to a PayPal interface so I stopped my interaction right then and there. I didn't get far enough to see if they still had any in stock. It's worth a shot, if you're interested.

Thanks, but yes, they are sold out.  

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

"KFC's Cheetos Sandwich Is Testing In Several States — Here's Where To Find It"

KFC is testing a Cheetos Sandwich in locations in several states. That's right: the iconic cheesy snack that defined your childhood, teenage-hood, and general ongoing existence will now be smushed between two pieces of toasted bun and Extra Crispy KFC Chicken. The future is now, and it comes with extra crunch, y'all.

...while the test launch starts today, it's only available in "select restaurants throughout the Greensboro, North Carolina, Raleigh, North Carolina, Roanoke, Virginia, Richmond, Virginia and Greenville, Georgia area," per KFC.

The photo of this new sandwich looks...interesting. One would think this would have been a natural Taco Bell food item given their Dorito taco shells and Frito Burritos.

Perhaps it's a untapped market for KFC.

Tim Oliver

• 10 months later...

Once again, Walmart currently has the KFC Fire Log (click) in stock. Get it while you can.:B

• Haha 3

Tim Oliver

oh wow

that might have been nice in my wood stove 

so what happen to the candle ?

I consider one if it included the delicious aromata

if the chicken , the old fry fat 

but w Mashed potatoes and gravy too

leet me know if this come is smaller candles 

not all day candles 

1 small candles would be fine

then I can open my widows for a few minutes  and

start again "" fresh " tomorrow.

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Haha 3

• 5 months later...

The Chicken Sandwich war is on.

KFC is testing a chicken sandwich in central Florida:

"KFC Has a New Fried Chicken Sandwich to Take on Popeyes"

Last fall was marked by an intense debate over the best chicken sandwich in fast food, with Popeyes and Chick-fil-A battling it out for the top spot, and everyone else trying to get a piece of the attention. But while this year has been marked by... other... things... so far, we can now distract ourselves with talk of sandwiches again, because KFC just threw a new version into the mix. 

Judging from the photo in the article, I want that sandwich NOW. xD

• Like 1

Tim Oliver

I am revising my remarks regarding the new chicken sandwich currently being test marketed...

From the photo, it looks a lot like the sandwich uses KFC's extra crunchy coating/breading. If this is the case then I am hesitant.

I have found the KFC extra crunchy coating to be rather bland. The quote "There's no 'there' there" comes to mind. It's all crunch and absolutely no flavor (zero of the 11 secret spices are used in that coating).

Still, I will give it a try once it's sold at KFC's out this way.

• Like 1

Tim Oliver

pre-C19

Wendy's had a chicken sandwich, which they still might have  :

Spicy Crispy etc

https://www.wendys.com/2-for-5

the one on the L

2 for 5 ?

I went early , at a non busy time

and of course got extra tomato and pickle.

it was very very very tasty .  crispy , some excellent heat , not greasy 

I liked it then

Id love a few right now, but Im not going out to get them.

which has nothing to do w the CkSand.

• Like 1

It's been a while since I had it, but I remember the Burger King original chicken sandwich (the oblong one with just lettuce & mayo) being tasty. I don't know if they put it on the BK value menu. I also eat the McD's chicken sandwich, which is usually on the McD's value menu. Kind of small, but you can order a couple if you're really hungry.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MokaPot said:

It's been a while since I had it, but I remember the Burger King original chicken sandwich (the oblong one with just lettuce & mayo) being tasty. I don't know if they put it on the BK value menu. I also eat the McD's chicken sandwich, which is usually on the McD's value menu. Kind of small, but you can order a couple if you're really hungry.

This sandwich is the official Shook guilty pleasure.  We only eat one once every 6 months or so, but we love them.  :blush:

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

"KFC Is Releasing A New Sauce Called ‘KFC Sauce’ And Revamping Its Other Sauces Like Ranch"

...KFC is offering up a whole new option for dipping possibilities: KFC sauce.

KFC described its new namesake sauce as "tangy and sweet, with a bit of smokiness" and it looks almost like a creamy barbecue sauce. It's specially made to perfectly pair with KFC’s Extra Crispy Tenders, and they really mean that! They went through a lot of different versions to get to this final product.

Truth be told I haven't been to a KFC in a couple of years. Six KFC's here in town shut down all at once about 2 years ago (guess the franchisee/owner left the business). Fortunately many of them became Popeye's so I was a happy camper with the change, so to speak.

And of course the new KFC sauce has a sweet note to it...what isn't made with added sugar these days?

If anyone tries the new sauce, please report back on how it tastes.

Tim Oliver

1 hour ago, Toliver said:

"KFC Is Releasing A New Sauce Called ‘KFC Sauce’ And Revamping Its Other Sauces Like Ranch"

Truth be told I haven't been to a KFC in a couple of years. Six KFC's here in town shut down all at once about 2 years ago (guess the franchisee/owner left the business). Fortunately many of them became Popeye's so I was a happy camper with the change, so to speak.

And of course the new KFC sauce has a sweet note to it...what isn't made with added sugar these days?

If anyone tries the new sauce, please report back on how it tastes.

A KFC has been the closest (by a lot) fast food place to us since we moved into our current house (about 25 years ago) and I have never been there.  We have nearby Bojangles (biscuits and dirty rice), Popeye's (chicken and sandwiches), plus various grocery stores (surprisingly good chicken).  It is about 1.5 miles away.  The only time I've been to a KFC in the past 20 years is the ones that are joint KFC and Long John Silver's, which supplies my occasional greasy fish and chips craving.  Having said all that, before Covid we would have potlucks at our church, which is another mile and a half past the KFC.  People who forgot to bring something to the potluck would dash out and get a bucket.  Those chickens were the only KFC I've tasted in probably 30 years (since grocery store chicken started being so good).  And it is still so bland and dry and soggy at the same time (how do you manage that?).  I might go to KFC and get potatoes and gravy and some slaw and ask for a packet of KFC sauce for my Popeye's sandwich, though.  😁

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

They're back....

"Walmart exclusively nabs KFC's coveted chicken-scented firelogs"

The nation's largest retailer is exclusively launching KFC's highly coveted Herbs and Spices Firelog -- created in partnership with Enviro-log -- during the upcoming holiday season.

Its third consecutive season of the fried chicken-scented firelogs kicks off Monday when the product hits select store shelves and Walmart.com.

• Haha 2

Tim Oliver