• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mini Food Processor Suggestions

DanM

I think that mine is probably at least that old, and again, I'm amazed it's still going.

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

Should I decide on one of these, the question is which brand and model would be best, would be the most durable.  I hadn't thought about using an immersion blender for the tasks mentioned in my original post, so maybe that's a better way to go <shrug>

Almost everything made today is a piece of junk.  How long can you expect an electrical appliance for the kitchen, that costs under $50, to last?

I have a 40-year old Cuisinart with a motor that still works fine. Big, thick cord. Not made in China.  They just don't make 'em like that anymore.

• Like 1

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

What machines have a blade that falls off into the food?

That would be the one I have - KitchenAid Compact Food Processor. I have had it for 10+ years so it doesn't owe me anything but I need a new bowl as a piece of plastic on the top of the handle has broken off and it has become fidgety to lock in place. But alas, I can't find a replacement bowl so need a new unit. One thing about this one that I really liked was it came with a reversible blade, one that shredded one side and sliced on the other. I used the shredder a lot. The new "minis" seem to be choppers only.