• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Margarita Ratios

stagis

So - going for a family camping trip means pre-mixing a jug of margaritas - god's gift to vacationing dads.

I use:

2 parts tequila

1 part Triple Sec (or generic equivalent)

1/2 part lime juice.

Put in an insulated, camouflaged-as-lemonade drink jug and stick in the freezer.

My hugemongous LL Bean insulated stainless steel coffee mug does its nominal task until lunchtime - then gets refilled with my one drink of the day.

Any other recommendations?

While we're on the subject, a gallon of peach moonshine was given to me by somebody who was at a loss as to what to with it. It was essence of peach. Anyway, after much experimenting, I came up with a couple martini variants:

Peach moonshine and:

Peachtree (schnapps? brandy? I forget)

Triple Sec (this one was good and pretty-much consumed the remainder of the gallon)

kir (not good)

i spent many years (well, "many" compared to my total drinking years) drinking and studying margaritas. while that may not make me an expert, it makes me chubby, bloated, and drunk.

that aside, if you're talking about real freshly squeezed lime juice, you are on the right track.

enjoy.