• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Great British Menu 2012

I love GBM apart from the annoying repetitive banter. Its the best food tv that there is.

I will make a few enquiries for you Rotuts.

As I understand it some chefs prefer induction cooking today as the kitchen is a lot cooler to work in. Having said that its a huge and costly undertaking to do a compleat refit.

"So many places, so little time"

http://londoncalling...blogspot.co.uk/

@d_goodfellow1

do you feel the central facing 'range top' is induction? it looks like the old fashioned 'coal' type with the central 'removable' circular insert. I guessing that the central part is the hottest and it gets cooler as you move to the periphery.

there are also ovens 'screen right' that they sometimes use.

many many thanks! Ive known several friends over the years that redid their kitchen for Big Bucks with all sorts of expensive stuff and would have been a lot happier with a dual combi oven. Not quite so mammoth as the double one on GBM.